A few months back I chopped off all of my hair.
All of it.
My hair was the longest it had been in ten years.
But I had just had my baby, and the postpartum hormones mixed with postpartum hair loss had me craving something new.
That seems to be a common theme for me this year.
With new hair comes the need for new products.
As a former hairstylist, (and I use the term former very loosely, as I still cut and color hair regularly just not in a salon) I have a love of hair products. The salon I used to work at prides themselves on having extremely knowledgeable stylists, for that I am thankful, and very well educated. We carried Bumble and Bumble and Aveda exclusively, so those are the products I am very familiar with, but I do enjoy using a few other brands as well.
So, without further ado, a few of my favorite hair products.
- Bed Head Resurrection Shampoo and Conditioner// Along with cutting off all of my hair I attempted to bleach it blonde. I succeeded but could never really get used to the look. Needless to say my hair is fried. A good hairstyle begins with a good foundation. You must, if you use nothing else professional, use professional shampoo and conditioner. Please. I am a sucker for Bed Head shampoos because I love the smell. To each their own though, just use professional.
- BB Thickening full form mousse// My hair is thin and straight. This is a perfect foundation product. I use this before I blowdry and it gives me amazing volume and bend, which in my hair is tough to do, being stick straight and all. This can be used in longer hair as well, just be sure to apply the product through the roots or you will have a tough time getting a brush through it.
- BB Surf Spray// This product has always been a go to of mine. I love everything about it. It can be used in short, medium, or long hair. It is also amazing at helping out with second day hair. It absorbs your natural hair oils, so when you have oily second day hair spray a little bit at your root and rough dry to get a volumized clean look. I use this before blowdrying (second day only) just right at the root to give a little extra lift and to absorb the oils. This product also helps hold my style in place. When my hair gets a little longer I will spray everywhere to give it a tousled beachy look.
- Aveda Defining Whip// I use this to add a little bit of separation but also to help smooth the sides of my hair. With my face shape I need to have sleeker sides and with the “pixie” cut growing out things get a little crazy around my ears;) This is a nice light finishing product that doesn’t weigh down my thin hair.
- Sebastian Shaper// I have always been a lover of this hairspray. While I don’t use this everyday, I do use it when I am in need of pulling my bangs back. I spray to hold them in place after pinning. It provides a good hold without feeling stiff or sticky.
Be sure to follow along on bloglovin’