I’m continuing my series of unpacking the premium starter kit with y’all. Today we will unpack Purification.
Purification oil is a blend specific to Young Living, and it is amazing. When you smell it you immediately notice the citronella aroma, but purification is also made up of lemongrass, rosemary, melaleuca, lavandin, and myrtle oils.
Because all of those oils have a purification property this is a very cleansing oil. Some of the main uses of this oil is to cleanse and purify the air, repel bugs, and help treat insect bites.
I first got my premium starter kit during the summer and my most favorite way to use purification was to make my own bug repellent. Now that the bugs are away I love to use it to deodorize rooms and for a natural deodorant.
Yea, I’m that crunchy now.
I knew it was just a matter of time, but once I continued to allow myself to read about the harmful effects of deodorant and then read about the benefits that come from using essential oils, I jumped right on board.
I will highlight a few of my favorite uses of purification oil, but as always if you have any favorites that I haven’t touched on, please leave a comment letting us all know.
- Natural Bug Repellent:: I fill a small stainless steel spray bottle with purified water and add in about 10-15 drops purification oil. Simply mist over your body and clothes before heading outside. The nice thing about this bug repellent is that you can safely spray your face and children and not worry about all the added and harmful chemicals of other bug repellents.
- Natural Trash Can or Diaper Pail Deodorizer:: On a cotton ball pour on 3-5 drops and place in bottom of trash can or diaper pail. When scent is no longer noticeable add a couple more drops to the cotton ball.
- Purify Air:: To rid unwanted smells such as smoke, cooking aromas, or any other unpleasant smells diffuse purification for up to an hour three times a day.
- Natural Deodorant:: I use a tiny amount of coconut oil to help with the stickiness under my armpits and apply one drop under each arm and stay fresh all day. Like really. I even exercise and am super surprised with how well this works.
- Clean Washing Machine or Dishwasher:: Add 2-5 drops to your washer or dishwasher to help clean and disinfect the equipment.
There are so many other ways to use this amazing oil but these are my favorite. I think the thing with all essential oils is this, we are trained for the very perfumy smells of cleaning agents and even candles and air fresheners. With that being said, some of the oils may smell better to us than others, but I promise you this, once you eliminate all the artificial chemically made smells and replace them with the natural aroma of essential oils, you will no longer like the artificial smells. It may take a minute to appreciate the more earthy aromas but it will happen.
If you would like to get your hands on this oil, I always recommend the premium starter kit. You can follow this link to learn more about the benefits of the premium starter kit and find more information on how to order, or you can leave a message in the comments and I will get any and all information over to you. Come back next week as we continue to unpack the premium starter kit.